Friday, September 28, 2007

A New Beginning...

Today was a new beginning for me, a new job, a new challenge, a new way of life!

I started work today, not working for myself, but for someone else. It has been a long time since I have worked for someone else and not been the sole decision maker. Let alone, having other employees. I don't have to do "Everything!"

I am a Store Manager for Kirklands. A home decor store with great products at reasonable prices. Lots of variety, artwork, mirrors, seasonal items as well as simple decor. It will be a lot of work... getting the store set to high standards, training employees and pulling them away from the products and directing them to the customers. I am up for the challenge!

I feel great! Inspired! Tired! LOL I haven't had to be on my feet that long in a very long time! It felt great being in a working environment and helping customers and selling product and learning and working the sales floor.

So...it is a new beginning for me at 35! Something new and challenging!

3 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

I've been in Kirkland's, it's a great store!

Hey, wanted to tell you that I posted a blog entry with some of my favorite blogs and I included yours because I love your photos! Just FYI!

Michelle Quinno said...

Good luck on the new job, Jennifer! I'm sure you'll be very successful.

April said...

Ohh..I love Kirklands. I hope you enjoy all of the changes going on.