Monday, July 16, 2007

Prized Photo...Baby Bear!



The last day we were in Glacier, we went on a short hike behine Many Glacier motel to see if the moose were there again. On the way back, only about 1/8th mile from the motel we spotted a buck on the side of the path just standing there watching us. We stopped to take pictures and the deer began walking toward us. He kept coming closer and closer. Suddenly my Mom said "Bear!" and I turned with the camera still up and took this picture. I couldn't believe how close he was and how casually he walked across the path and into the bushes behind the deer.

Well...I can see why the deer was walking toward us now...the Momma bear was behind the deer and the baby was heading toward her. The deer must have decided we looked less ominous than the bear!

3 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, I just cannot believe how gorgeous your photos are! Love the mountains reflecting in the water!!

And the baby bear is adorable. I would have been scared half to death!

Unknown said...

I think I'm having a little panic attack just by looking at the photo! LOL

Hafeeza said...

Great looking photos!!!