Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Oh...My Aching Back...

I have had problems with my back for a few years now and I had been going to a chiropractor for a while about a year ago. I didn't notice much of any difference from going to her, so I just stopped. She never explained what was going on or what she was doing and I felt very uncomfortable around her and her staff.

I went to Maple Grove Days business expo and met a chiropractor who was giving massages while I was there. I mentioned my back issues that I have been plagued with and he checked out my back. He said he could see why my back would be so sore. I also pointed out how curved my daughters back was and he appeared more concerned about it than I had even been.

So we had our first appointment and he did X-Rays on my back and found the problems with my back. My back does not curve down toward my tail bone, but comes in at a sharp angle and then outward, not curving down. This makes my butt stick out more...here I thought it was just how I was built! My disks in that area are deterierating and bones starting to rub on each other. I also have a small fracture in the vertibrae above this point. One of my hips is about an inch lower than the other and my left leg has lost most of its strength because of this.

We came up with a treatment plan to help out and he warned me he adjusts agressively because he wants his patients to feel better quicker, not drag it out.

I have made it through the first week and into my second week now. The first week was good and bad! My back felt better, but my muscles were screaming at me! The pains started going up my back to higher areas. He said this is good...we have to readjust my whole spin from the bottom up because it has been out of whack for so long.

Today is the first day I feel GOOD! My muscles are starting to calm down and I can tell my back is straightening out more. It will be a while before others notice it as much as I do, but my behind doesn't stick out as much as it was and I can feel and see it in the way my pants fit!

So onward I go...getting straightened out!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, I'm so happy for you that you found someone to help you. I know how hard it is to do anything when you don't feel well. Glad you are starting to feel better!

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, that is amazing. Glad you're on your way to being straightened out! Hope it doesn't take long! Hang in there.

Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)

Linda Murphy said...

So happy you are feeling better.